Welcome to Auto Time Systems; your leading UK supplier Of Efficient Biometric Time and Attendance Solutions.
Welcome to Auto Time Systems ; Your leading UK supplier Of Efficient Biometric Time and Attendance Solutions.
Why should I use Biometrics?
Over the last 25 years Auto Time Systems have been heavily involved in biometric time and attendance and combined time and attendance and access control installations for some of the most respected companies in the UK.
We are specialists in Biometric Time and Attendance solutions including; hand, finger and facial verification
Put us to the test and visit out intensive biometric testing showroom at our head office or we can bring our biometric hardware solutions to demonstrate to you at your premises.
We offer full UK on-site installations from installation teams based in England & Scotland.
Biometric clocking in systems For a free demonstration Please Call us for your local representative if you are based in Leeds, Burnley, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Lancaster, Chester, Wrexham then call us on 01257 252002 and for all Scotland enquiries please call our Scotland Offices on 01506 896806.
Specialist in computerised and cloud based clocking systems for over 33 years.
Biometrics is the science and technology of measuring and statistically analysing biological data such as eye retinas and irises, facial patterns, fingerprints, and hand measurements.
Fingerprint Biometrics is the ideal solution for time and attendance, access control and job costing
- It eliminates “buddy punching” so no more falsified time cards.
- No unauthorised access to restricted areas of buildings.
- A fingerprint cannot be stolen or lost
- There is no on-going cost with biometrics. No replacement cards required.
- Virtually no maintenance – an occasional wipe with a soft cloth will clean a reader fitted in the dirtiest environment.
- Fingerprint biometric systems are extremely accurate, quick to implement, cost effective.
Introducing a biometric system often causes employees to raise the issue of ‘lack of trust in the workforce’ but the positives outweigh this such as accurate data collection which in turn provides an error-free payroll, more reliable fire roll-call reports and when access control is being considered, improved security for the workforce.
Would using biometrics systems be welcomed in to my business ?
Biometric Portable Access Control Solutions
We also specialise in the hire of biometric portable access control cabins from a £199 per week, fully fitted with full height turnstile and a secure office.
They are available in the following formats:
- Secure Keyfob / ID Card Access / Biometric Hand or Finger Recognition Cabin Option
- Secure Biometric Turnstile Access Control
- Access Control Software with CSCS access management (does not allow anyone on site with an expired CSCS Card)
- Web based software for time and attendance management
Call us today for a free quotation for getting one delivered directly to your site, and ready to work NO hassle!
The future is here: Biometric Time Clocks
Biometric time clocks; once a dream of the future has indeed become a contemporary business necessity thanks to modern day technologies.
Time recording systems, to many peoples surprise, have actually been a part of the business industry since as early as 1888; hopping and leaping to new technological heights as the power of technology continues to develop.
Today, time recording systems: biometric time clocks in particular, are relied upon on a daily basis by businesses large and small in a bid to ensure employee time keeping is well maintained as the dog-eat-dog business world continues to develop in today’s economic climate.
The Law On Biometrics
Several pieces of legislation are relevant to the issue of biometrics, but of these the Data Protection Act 1998 is the most important. The Act provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly and provides individuals with rights, such as the right to find out what personal information is held on them.
The Act stipulates that anyone processing personal information must comply with eight principles. They are:
- Fair and lawful processing of data
- Processing for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and non-excessive storage of data
- Keeping data accurate and up to date
- Ensuring data is not kept for longer than is necessary
- Ensuring data is processed in line with other rights
- Keeping data secure
- Ensuring data is not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
Fingerprints cannot be recreated or stolen
- Our biometric fingerprint readers never store an image of your actual fingerprint.
- The fingerprint sensor identifies unique minutiae points and measurements within your fingerprint and creates a digital template (not an image) for matching
- A fingerprint template is a set of lines, angles and measurements (minutiae) based upon the unique characteristics of an individual’s fingerprint. These details are captured upon enrolling a person’s fingerprint into the system, and later used for 1:1 or 1:n matching.
- No actual fingerprint images are stored in our database – the template is simply a mathematical representation of your fingerprint’s unique characteristics.
- Two templates per employee are recorded. The templates are referred to as the primary and secondary templates. We normally recommend registering the right thumb and right index finger.
- It is important to note that our biometric templates are encrypted and cannot be reverse-engineered to form a fingerprint image.
1:1 matching is the name for verification
- This is a method of examining one biometric record against another in order to determine whether the two match.
- This is the type of biometric match that occurs when a biometric system is set up for badge plus finger matching.
- The user presents a badge or enters a number which tells the biometric reader who the user is supposed to be.
- The user then proves their identity by scanning a finger on the device.
- This type of matching is very fast and accurate, and has been in use for some time
1:n matching is the name for identification
- 1:n matching is a means of identifying a person against a broad database of other users simply by means of a fingerprint.
- The user simply places his / her finger on the biometric reader, and a very rapid search is initiated in order to find and verify the user’s identity.
- This type of matching is more convenient since no PIN numbers or cards are required.
The benefits of biometric time clocks? They’re endless!
Whether you’re looking for access control solutions, elimination of falsified time recordings and enhanced payroll and H.R support systems: biometric time clocks are both the solution to your nightmares and the technology of your dreams!
- Control of who goes in and off site
- Stops contactor access with expired CSCS cards, training / equipment certificates
- Control visitor access
- Control H&S inductions and does not allow anyone onto site unless they have had an induction (if required?)
- Fast Accurate Roll Call Report – who is on site
- Real Time Locator – Know who is on which site at any time
- Time and Attendance calculation, hours and overtime worked
- Get alerts on contractor re-training/ medical reviews/ qualification expiry etc.
- All you need is access to power on site.
- Talk to us about visiting a working reference site
Biometric time recording systems and biometric access control systems are the most sophisticated technologies in the time recording industry with their ability to read and recognise individual bespoke human features.
Your more basic biometric clocking systems are able to read finger or hand prints (biometric finger prints and biometric hand readers) linking these bespoke human characteristics to a specific persons profile. These advanced technologies eliminate employee time recording falsification as the notorious “buddy punching” phase is kicked aside.
The most advanced time recording technology on the market is the facial recognition biometric clocking in machine which reads a persons bespoke facial characteristics.
These advanced technologies each, in turn ensure your employee’s time, attendance and payroll is accurate while ensuring access to your business premises is secure.